We always say communication is key… here’s how we handle it.
In this week’s episode, we’re communicating with your partner in business and in life. Good communication is truly how we’ve been able to work and live together without driving each other (totally) insane. Enjoy!
In this episode:
- Communicating when working together
Keeping each other in the loop
Taking the lead on projects
Communicating how you work best
How to ask questions
- Wal-mart Grocery Pickup (referral link — you get $10 off your first order, and we’ll get $10 off our next!)
Our rules for communication
- Talk about everything.
- Assume the other person has the best intentions.
- Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
Notable quotablesEspecially in business, you don't want to assume anything.Click To Tweet If you have someone to that can offer a different perspective, talk to them.Click To Tweet Sometimes you have to get bossy. You have to own it.Click To Tweet The way you approach a situation can dictate how it's going to proceed.Click To Tweet You have to pick your battles.Click To Tweet
- Thank you for listening! To get the latest episodes sent directly to your device, be sure to subscribe to our podcast on iTunes.
- Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful to us and greatly appreciated! To leave a review, visit our iTunes page, then open our podcast in iTunes and go to the Reviews and Ratings tab. We can’t wait to hear what you have to say!
- Want to start your own podcast or create videos for your website? Check out Jesse’s audio/video editing business, SoundMind Productions. You can also see his video editing skills in action on Lisa’s YouTube page.
- Want to learn how to code and master WordPress like a boss? Read Lisa’s blog at Elembee or join her membership site at Creative Code Club.
At the end of each episode, we’re telling all in a round of 3 date questions. Use these questions on your next date, and tell us how it goes using the hashtag #spillingtheink. We can’t wait to hear your stories!
- What makes you nervous?
- If the house were on fire, what would you save?
- What is the greatest pain you’ve ever suffered?
Want us to answer your question on #spillingtheink? Submit it over here.