Curious about working with your significant other?
In this week’s episode, we talk about joining forces and using our powers for the greater good! You’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at what it’s like working with your significant other. We go over where the idea came from to work together, how things started off, how small ideas turned into big changes, and where the journey has taken us so far. Enjoy!
In this episode:
- Where the idea to work together came from
- Why Lisa hesitated at the idea of a partnership
- How Jesse started working for Elembee as a contractor
- What we could expect from each other when working together
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
- How we started out small to test the waters
- How Jesse got into video and audio editing and became Lisa’s in-house editor
- The benefits of distracting each other and the right time to do so
- The snowball effect
Notable quotablesDon't assume anything — talk about what's going on!Click To Tweet When working with others, discuss expectations up front to avoid resentment.Click To Tweet With another person there, you don't have to suffer in silence.Click To Tweet Want to work with your significant other? Communicate, communicate, communicate!Click To Tweet
- Thank you for listening! To get the latest episodes sent directly to your device, be sure to subscribe to our podcast on iTunes.
- Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful to us and greatly appreciated! To leave a review, visit our iTunes page, then open our podcast in iTunes and go to the Reviews and Ratings tab. We can’t wait to hear what you have to say!
- Want to start your own podcast or create videos for your website? Check out Jesse’s audio/video editing business, SoundMind Productions. You can also see his video editing skills in action on Lisa’s YouTube page.
- Want to learn how to code and master WordPress like a boss? Read Lisa’s blog at Elembee or join her membership site at Creative Code Club.
Editor’s note: Jesse is rebranding his business from Cyber Serenity to SoundMind Productions. We’ll be discussing the change in a future episode!
At the end of each episode, we’re telling all in a round of 3 date questions. Use these questions on your next date, and tell us how it goes using the hashtag #spillingtheink. We can’t wait to hear your stories!
- If you could have any super power or could cast any spell, what would you choose? (only one)
- If it had to be one season for the rest of time, which one do you choose?
- Would you rather be deaf or blind?
Want us to answer your question on #spillingtheink? Submit it over here.