Money is tricky, even in the best of times.
In this week’s episode, we’re going deep into a big money topic: being the breadwinner. We’re discussing what it’s like when one partner is the sole breadwinner, and what happens when that situation needs to change.
In this episode:
- What Lisa’s business looked like prior to paying Jesse
- How Lisa started paying Jesse
- How we calculated household expenses to set a target income and decide if it was feasible to grow Lisa’s business to cover the household
- How Jesse felt with Lisa as the sole breadwinner
- How Lisa felt as the sole breadwinner
- How anxiety plays a part in being the breadwinner, and dealing with guilt when you can no longer provide at the same level
- Sharing responsibility, helping your partner, and accepting help from your partner
- Thank you for listening! To get the latest episodes sent directly to your device, be sure to subscribe to our podcast on iTunes.
- Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful to us and greatly appreciated! To leave a review, visit our iTunes page, then open our podcast in iTunes and go to the Reviews and Ratings tab. We can’t wait to hear what you have to say!
- Jesse helps content creators share their positive voice with the world. Learn more about his podcast editing services at SoundMind Productions.
- Lisa helps online publishers and businesses create change in their lives, starting with their WordPress website. Learn more about her web design and development studio at Elembee. She also runs a WordPress theme shop at EmPress Themes (we use the Miramar theme on this site!).