The way you approach a situation can dictate how it’s going to proceed.
We always say communication is key… here’s how we handle it.
In this week’s episode, we’re discussing communicating with your partner in business and in life. Good communication is truly how we’ve been able to work and live together without driving each other (totally) insane. Enjoy!
Sometimes you have to get bossy. You have to own it.
In this episode:
- Communicating when working together
- Keeping each other in the loop
- Taking the lead on projects
- Communicating how you work best
- How to ask questions
- Wal-mart Grocery Pickup (referral link — you get $10 off your first order, and we’ll get $10 off our next!)
Especially in business, you don’t want to assume anything.
Our rules for communication
- Talk about everything.
- Assume the other person has the best intentions.
- Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
If you have someone to that can offer a different perspective, talk to them.
- Thank you for listening! To get the latest episodes sent directly to your device, be sure to subscribe to our podcast on iTunes.
- Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful to us and greatly appreciated! To leave a review, visit our iTunes page, then open our podcast in iTunes and go to the Reviews and Ratings tab. We can’t wait to hear what you have to say!
- Jesse helps content creators share their positive voice with the world. Learn more about his podcast editing services at SoundMind Productions.
- Lisa helps online publishers and businesses create change in their lives, starting with their WordPress website. Learn more about her web design and development studio at Elembee.
You have to pick your battles.
At the end of each episode, we’re telling all in a round of 3 date questions. Use these questions on your next date, and tell us how it goes using the hashtag #spillingtheink. We can’t wait to hear your stories!
- What makes you nervous?
- If the house were on fire, what would you save?
- What is the greatest pain you’ve ever suffered?
Want us to answer your question on #spillingtheink? Submit it over here.