One of the hardest parts of business is not knowing exactly how much money you’re going to make.
In this episode, we’re continuing our discussion about money issues we deal with as business owners. Today we’re tackling the feast and famine cycle, and dealing with unpredictable income alone and as a couple.
In this episode:
- What feast and famine means for business owners and freelancers
- How the feast and famine cycle affected Lisa as a solo business owner
- How recurring income can help mitigate the unpredictability of the feast and famine cycle
- How providing for a household of two affects the feast and famine cycle, and what it looked like with Lisa’s business providing our sole source of income
- How your motivation, mindset, and creativity changes during feast periods versus famine periods
- How we kept prioritizing what would immediately bring in money, and why this was a problem
- The problem with work/life balance when your income is unpredictable, and why Lisa doesn’t really believe work/life balance is truly attainable
- Thank you for listening! To get the latest episodes sent directly to your device, be sure to subscribe to our podcast on iTunes.
- Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful to us and greatly appreciated! To leave a review, visit our iTunes page, then open our podcast in iTunes and go to the Reviews and Ratings tab. We can’t wait to hear what you have to say!
- Jesse helps content creators share their positive voice with the world. Learn more about his podcast editing services at SoundMind Productions.
- Lisa helps online publishers and businesses create change in their lives, starting with their WordPress website. Learn more about her web design and development studio at Elembee. She also runs a WordPress theme shop at EmPress Themes (we use the Miramar theme on this site!).