We want to build the same kind of life, and we can do that better together.
Are you ready for moving in together?
In this episode we talk about the big decision of moving in together and what it’s like living with your significant other. We go over how the idea came to be, all the benefits and pitfalls, how we flip flopped on the idea, and what happened after the decision was finally made. Enjoy!
Don’t stress about the small stuff, deal with it when it comes up.
In this episode:
- Where the idea of moving in together came from
- Weighing the pros and cons of living together
- Discussing our fears about the big decision
- Why we initially decided it was not the right time to combine households
- Dog troubles and how Rogue didn’t like the idea of Dobby in the house
- How the idea of moving in together came back up in conversation
- Going over the numbers and addressing concerns
- Working together to cover the bills and increase income
- Worst case scenarios
- Finally making the choice to go through with moving in together and the actual move in process
- How we adjusted to the new situation and a new lifestyle
- More tales involving our four-legged friends
- What the biggest adjustment was for both Lisa and Jesse
You have to ask yourself: Is that a real fear? Do you have reason to fear that?
As promised, here is the recipe for “chicken sauce:”
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
(We also add more Worcestershire to taste. It seems to be the secret ingredient to the whole thing.)
There is a future for you even if major life decisions fall through.
- Thank you for listening! To get the latest episodes sent directly to your device, be sure to subscribe to our podcast on iTunes.
- Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful to us and greatly appreciated! To leave a review, visit our iTunes page, then open our podcast in iTunes and go to the Reviews and Ratings tab. We can’t wait to hear what you have to say!
- Jesse helps content creators share their positive voice with the world. Learn more about his podcast editing services at SoundMind Productions.
- Lisa helps online publishers and businesses create change in their lives, starting with their WordPress website. Learn more about her web design and development studio at Elembee.
Remember that you’re not in this alone. This is a partnership!
At the end of each episode, we’re telling all in a round of 3 date questions. Use these questions on your next date, and tell us how it goes using the hashtag #spillingtheink. We can’t wait to hear your stories!
- If earth could have only one condiment until the end of time, what would you choose?
- What Jeopardy category would you clear, no problem?
- What fictional character reminds you most of yourself?
Want us to answer your question on #spillingtheink? Submit it over here.