We have the same goals, and living and working together, we’re in the position to make those goals happen together.
This is Company Ink, a new podcast for creative couples! We’re glad you’re here.
Welcome to our first podcast! We’re Lisa and Jesse, and this is our weekly podcast exploring relationships and online business as we work and live together as creative entrepreneurs. In this episode, we’re introducing ourselves and talking about our businesses, relationship, backgrounds, and what you can expect from our podcast. Enjoy!
If you don’t like something, you have the power to change it.
If you want to start a business, show people what you can do. Just put it out there on your website.
In this episode:
- Meet Lisa and Jesse!
- An intro to our web development (Lisa) and podcast/video editing (Jesse) businesses
- A peek at how we work together
- How we met and our thoughts on online dating
- Where we’re at in our relationship
- What it’s been like to join forces for our goals and a peek at moving in and living together
- Our office arrangement and how our separate spaces make a difference
- Where we’re at in our business journeys and why we started our own businesses
- Our crazy dogs
- Things we miss about a “regular” job
- Jesse’s background and his journey from New Jersey to Oklahoma
- Lisa’s background and her journey from Texas to Louisiana to Oklahoma
- Why we’re podcasting
- Accents and cultural differences
Having two separate spaces really lets you be your own person while still living with another person.
- Thank you for listening! To get the latest episodes sent directly to your device, be sure to subscribe to our podcast on iTunes.
- Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful to us and greatly appreciated! To leave a review, visit our iTunes page, then open our podcast in iTunes and go to the Reviews and Ratings tab. We can’t wait to hear what you have to say!
- Jesse helps content creators share their positive voice with the world. Learn more about his podcast editing services at SoundMind Productions.
- Lisa helps online publishers and businesses create change in their lives, starting with their WordPress website. Learn more about her web design and development studio at Elembee. She also runs a WordPress theme shop at EmPress Themes (we use the Miramar theme on this site!).
There’s no way to know what experiences and opportunities people have had that have led to success in their business.
At the end of each episode, we’re telling all in a round of 3 date questions. Use these questions on your next date, and tell us how it goes using the hashtag #spillingtheink. We can’t wait to hear your stories!
- What is the weirdest scar you have and how did you get it?
- Do you believe in ghosts and/or aliens?
- Which would be harder for you to give up: caffeine or alcohol?
Want us to answer your question on #spillingtheink? Submit it over here.