We have our own businesses so we can do the work that we enjoy doing.
Let’s be honest: Finding work / life balance isn’t easy!
In this week’s episode, we’re discussing work / life balance, and how we deal with it both as entrepreneurs and a working couple. We’re sharing how both of us have been out of balance lately, how we’re dealing with it now and moving forward, and how it affects our relationship. Enjoy!
If you need help, just ask for what you need.
We’re not machines!
In this episode:
- How we define work / life balance
- Why we don’t believe in a perfect balance between work and life
- Why taking a break is so important
- When and how to ask for help
- Optimizing your time
- How meal planning helps with our work / life balance
- How communication helps with our work / life balance
There are things you can’t plan for and all you can really do is ride the storm.
- Thank you for listening! To get the latest episodes sent directly to your device, be sure to subscribe to our podcast on iTunes.
- Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful to us and greatly appreciated! To leave a review, visit our iTunes page, then open our podcast in iTunes and go to the Reviews and Ratings tab. We can’t wait to hear what you have to say!
- Jesse helps content creators share their positive voice with the world. Learn more about his podcast editing services at SoundMind Productions.
- Lisa helps online publishers and businesses create change in their lives, starting with their WordPress website. Learn more about her web design and development studio at Elembee. She also runs a WordPress theme shop at EmPress Themes (we use the Miramar theme on this site!).
Work / life balance is a journey. It doesn’t just happen.
At the end of each episode, we’re telling all in a round of 3 date questions. Use these questions on your next date, and tell us how it goes using the hashtag #spillingtheink. We can’t wait to hear your stories!
- Are humans better at creation or destruction?
- What does it mean to die well?
- What will most likely cause the extinction of the human race?
Want us to answer your question on #spillingtheink? Submit it over here.
Don’t forget to look at the people around you. Everybody knows what it feels like to be a customer.