Want to work with your significant other? Communicate, communicate, communicate!
Curious about working with your significant other?
In this week’s episode, we talk about joining forces and using our powers for the greater good! You’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at what it’s like working with your significant other. We go over where the idea came from to work together, how things started off, how small ideas turned into big changes, and where the journey has taken us so far. Enjoy!
Don’t assume anything — talk about what’s going on!
In this episode:
- Where the idea to work together came from
- Why Lisa hesitated at the idea of a partnership
- How Jesse started working for Elembee as a contractor
- What we could expect from each other when working together
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
- How we started out small to test the waters
- How Jesse got into video and audio editing and became Lisa’s in-house editor
- The benefits of distracting each other and the right time to do so
- The snowball effect
When working with others, discuss expectations up front to avoid resentment.
- Thank you for listening! To get the latest episodes sent directly to your device, be sure to subscribe to our podcast on iTunes.
- Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful to us and greatly appreciated! To leave a review, visit our iTunes page, then open our podcast in iTunes and go to the Reviews and Ratings tab. We can’t wait to hear what you have to say!
- Jesse helps content creators share their positive voice with the world. Learn more about his podcast editing services at SoundMind Productions.
- Lisa helps online publishers and businesses create change in their lives, starting with their WordPress website. Learn more about her web design and development studio at Elembee. She also runs a WordPress theme shop at EmPress Themes (we use the Miramar theme on this site!).
With another person there, you don’t have to suffer in silence.
At the end of each episode, we’re telling all in a round of 3 date questions. Use these questions on your next date, and tell us how it goes using the hashtag #spillingtheink. We can’t wait to hear your stories!
- If you could have any super power or could cast any spell, what would you choose? (only one)
- If it had to be one season for the rest of time, which one do you choose?
- Would you rather be deaf or blind?
Want us to answer your question on #spillingtheink? Submit it over here.